Why is it worth doing a doctorate at the IOC PAS?
- You choose a research center with over fifty years of experience in educating young chemists
- You will meet outstanding scientists, winners of prestigious Polish and foreign awards, authors of books and scientific papers. We are collaborating with the best research centers around the world and give you the opportunity to participate in conferences and international exchanges, where you will meet people who share your passion
- You will take part in the implementation of ambitious, modern research projects in well-equipped laboratories
- We open up a wide range of possibilities for choosing the type of research you conduct. We focus on interdisciplinarity, innovation and cooperation with other centers. At our Institute there are research teams dealing with both modern chemical synthesis focused on the search for new generation drugs and functional materials, as well as teams improving analytical techniques, such as nuclear magnetic resonance, mass spectrometry, chiraloptical methods and optical molecular imaging. We are pioneers in the field of computer-based organic synthesis planning
- Remember that if your achievements turn out to be extraordinary, we will enable you to apply for attractive national scholarships for young outstanding scientists
- During your studies, we give you the opportunity to expand and consolidate the knowledge acquired at the earlier stages of education during a series of lectures organized at the Institute, conducted both by our academic staff and by guests from abroad
- PhD students from outside Warsaw may stay in the doctoral hotel located on the premises of the Institute during their studies. The hotel has single rooms with bathroom and kitchenette. Importantly, the fee for an apartment in the IOC PAS hotel is much lower than on the Warsaw housing market
- The Institute makes it easier for every graduate to find a place in a good research team, mainly in the USA, Japan and Western European countries, for a postdoctoral fellowship. At best, after returning from the internship, you can continue working at the IOC PAS. The Institute offers research internships and encourages the submission of independent research projects, creating the possibility of obtaining a habilitation within a few years
- Remember that even if you decide not to pursue a career as a researcher, experience and a wide range of knowledge acquired at the Institute and during internships abroad will be your greatest capital on the labor market.